Chrisanthy Christoforou was born in Nicosia in 1986. She was educated in the areas of art and received her BA (HONS) degree in Fine Art and Glass from Wolverhampton University of Art and Design in 2007 and graduated from University of the Arts London in Wimbledon College of Art with an MA in Fine Art Sculpture in 2008.
She works as a Freelance artist and is a co-founder of the website www.nowwhat.com.cy
She is also active in making her own art, participated in several group exhibitions and festivals.
- WORLD ART DAY
video group exhibition by the Cyprus Chamber of Fine Arts (E.KA.TEK) APRIL 15TH
- “VISIONS OF EXISTENCE”
a group exhibition by 9 artists / Cyprus Chamber of Fine Arts (E.KA.TEK) Nicosia September 2015
a New Threads Project by NeMe / Limassol June 2015
Neme / Limassol July 2015
- Artsy Festival Cyprus July 2014
- MADATAC 05 / Madrid Video Art Festival December 2013
- Arteries Project / Contemporary group art exhibition MAY 2013
- Urban Soul Festival by Pantheon Association September 2012 v.5.0
- 7th Berlin Biennale 2012 for Contemporary Art, artwiki Political Inclination
- Art in public Space
Organized by the European Mediterranean Arts Association SEPTEMBER 2011
- ‘We play you used to say’ Dance performance at Melina Mercury Hall Nicosia
- 11th Platforma Limassol
Video participation with echo arts in the dance performance ‘We play you used to say’.
- MADATAC Festival Madrid December 2010
‘Dialogues with the Machine’ presented by Yiannis Colakides and Helene Black, co-founders and co-directors of NGO ‘NeMe’
- 50 years of Pal/ssas Lyceum at Pallas theatre 2010
Participated with a Video Art, co-operated with Maria Kamperi (choreographer).
- Pantheon International Xperimental Film & Animation Festival 9.0
- MONT BLANC group exhibition at the Omikron Gallery
- Urban Soul Festival by Pantheon Association September 2010
- Antigone: The silence of Eurydice at THEARTSPACE May 2010
Pilot Project by Echo Arts | Arianna Economou, Dorinda & Peter Hulton
- Collaborative group exhibition at the Art Space entitled “Tales and Tails” May 2010
Group exhibition by Chrisanthy Christoforou and Aggela Chimona at The Art Space
- Palimpsest Book Exhibition at the Art Space April 2010
A group exhibition organized by Mouflon Bookshop and the ArtSpace gallery
- Group Exhibition entitled “NORMALCY BIAS” March 2010
Group exhibition at the PERSEVERANCE in London.
- A group exhibition entitled “THE STORY OF TWO CITIES” in KOREA December 2009
Gallery Bandi in KOREA presented the artists -Park, Eun Sun, -Jung, Sang Hyun, James Bowen and Chrisanthy Christoforou.
- “Shootings on Mirrors” at Pantheon Gallery November 2009
Group exhibition of experimental video and animation by Chrisanthy Christoforou, Nikoletta Karayiorgi and Aggela Chimona.
- Visions in the Nunnery 2009 May 2009
An annual event at the Nunnery gallery in London with 58 artists exhibiting in the space out of 2.000 artists.
- Video Art Showcase In OVADA Gallery and Oxford Castle in collaboration with Hungry Eyes and 03 Gallery December2008
Artists: Marwa Arsanios, Alexander Bates, Chrisanthy Christoforou, Alexandra Hughes, Julia Mariscal, Nicola Pomery, Jo Race, Anja Ronacher, Tom Robinson and Frances Young.
- London Greek Film Festival 08 November’08